Besides the wonderful benefits of working for yourself, setting your own hours, and the ability to choose when and where you work, there are also some challenges. Sure, it’s nice not to have to report to your old boss anymore, though your new inner boss could be a lot tougher, and you may find that your new inner boss doesn’t have a clue about time management, budgeting, and niche marketing.
According the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the word preneur is a derivative of the Old French, “entreprendre,” and means to take. A preneur is one who organizes, manages, and takes the risks of owning a small business or enterprise. A preneur is someone who has a vision and wants to take that vision out into the world and see it come to fruition. A preneur is someone who wants to make a difference in the world and is willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen.
Top 10 Characteristics of PreneursFortunately, for those who are considering whether or not to become a preneur, psychologists, sociologists, and historians have been studying the behavior characteristics and traits of successful preneurs for long enough to have come up with a composite list of attributes and characteristics.
Read the list and mentally keep count of how many times you said, “Yes, that’s me!”
1. You have a strong desire for autonomy, to be your own boss, and live life on your own terms
2. You are an independent self-starter, not needing or wanting others to tell you what to do
3. You have a powerful drive to make money and accumulate wealth
4. You are a calculated risk-taker with a higher than normal tolerance for failure and consider failure a non issue
5. You like to be in control and call the shots.
6. You are highly self-motivated, and are indefatigably fearless when it comes to getting the job done
7. You had childhood experiences as a budding entrepreneur and/or entrepreneurial parents, grand parents, or relatives
8. You have a high level of energy that is sustainable over a long period of time
9. You are creative and innovative; a strong decision maker, able to think quickly on your feet, and set things in motion
10. You are a big-picture thinker capable of seeing how everything relates to each otherSo, How’d You Do?
How many “yes, that’s me!” answers did you have? 1-3: Don’t quit your day job. 4-7: Call a coach, start saving start-up money, get the gears in motion! 8-10: Watch out, Donald Trump!Entrepreneurs are extraordinary people. They value freedom, autonomy, independence, and control. They are creative, driven self-starters, who have plenty of good ideas and are ready to do what needs to be done to make things happen. They have courage and conviction in spades, and don’t see failure the same way that other people do. To them, what lies within failure is the answer to what they need to do in order to become a success. They know that within every problem is a solution.
Preneurs understand that the ARE the business. They are its originator, its motivating force, its drive, and its energy. They are remarkable in their inner toughness and strength that aids them in rising above all the self-doubt, apparent failures, and din of their critics.
Rejected Everywhere For A Merchant Account? We have a solution! Low – High-Risk Merchant Account Specialists. Unlimited Processing at 0%. No Contracts. No Shut Downs. No Set-Up & Application Fees. FREE Gateway Set-Up – Secured Transactions.
Open a New Merchant Account Here Now – OPEN MERCHANT ACCOUNT. PAYMENTS – PERFECTED.