I know starting a home based business can be very exciting, I know this because I was excited and still am about having a home business, but we need to consider a simple but very important subject. Setting up your home office correctly from the beginning is critical for you to be productive and successful.
For example, you are talking with a prospect and you need your business partner to speak with them, but you don’t have 3-way calling setup on your phone system. Guess what, you now are going to miss out on some invaluable training because you will not hear how your business partner handles the prospects questions.
8 Tips for Setting up Your Home Based Business for Success
1. A great phone plan is essential to your success, so make sure you have the following:
* UNLIMITED Long Distance
* 3-Way Calling
* Caller ID
* Call Waiting
* Voice Mail
* Call Forwarding
* Anonymous Call Rejection
* Call Return
* Repeat Dialing
2. You must have a calendar
Your calendar is the backbone of your office. Without it, nothing moves forward. You can choose an online calendar such as in Google or Yahoo or in Outlook, or you can purchase an appointment book from your local office supply store.
3. Your computer software tools:
* High Speed Internet Access
* Adobe Acrobat 8: Free download – http://www.adobe.com/
* Flash Player plug-in: Free download – http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
* Internet Explorer: Free download – http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp (Internet Explorer 6 is sufficient)
* Email Software – You may want to use Outlook or Outlook Express for your business email. Most other people use one of these, so it will keep uniformity in your business organization.
4. A good filing system
Staying organized is extremely important because doing so will help you work efficiently. Organization is very personal, so I suggest you personalize your folder names in a way that makes sense to you.
Here are some examples of folders you will need:
* Your “Main Business” Folder
* Sample Business Emails
* Training Material
* Announcements and Promotions
* Tax records and payment receipts
5. Email signatures
Your signature should include a closing, your name, contact information (website, email address, and phone number) and a quote or favorite expression is optional. (always be mindful if using a quote to keep the message appropriate for a business environment)
Your signature can be a powerful advertising method, use it wisely.
6. Staying connected: Instant Messenger Service
Instant Messenger services allow you to communicate with your online contacts, get your questions answered and leverage your time because your phone line will be open for incoming calls from prospects.
Be sure to get the instant messenger ID of your mentors and business partners so you can always be in touch!
Yahoo Instant Messenger: http://www.messenger.yahoo.com
MSN Instant Messenger: http://www.msn.com
AOL Instant messenger: http://www.aim.com
7. Shopping for office supplies
You will need:
* Large 3-Ring Binder with Tab Dividers
* Plastic Sheet Protectors
* Pens and Pencils
* Paper (printer paper and writing pads for taking notes)
* Correction Fluid
* Manila folders
* Plastic organizer to hold pens, paper clips, sticky notes, etc.
* Post it Notes
* Paper Clips
* 3-Hole Punch
* Filing Cabinet
8. Creating the mood – your office environment:
Your office should buzz with positive energy. Motivate yourself by posting your goals and the reasons “WHY” you started your home based business. Family photos may help you keep your focus. Motivational slogans or an inspirational quote can keep you focused on your goals.
Decorate your office in a way that reflects your taste and personality. Create an up tempo climate which motivates you to do your best. Your environment should promote a peaceful, yet exciting atmosphere for you to work in, so use pictures or anything that will create this scenario for you.
One of the biggest perks of working at home is having the freedom to personalize your workspace, so be creative in setting up the ideal work environment.
These 8 simple tips that we have covered can help you to a successful start in your business. By following these tips, you will be able to expand your business and keep your business flowing. You will be more focused on building your business and that is your goal, is it not? I wish you the best in your business venture.
Rejected Everywhere For A Merchant Account? We have a solution! Low – High-Risk Merchant Account Specialists. Unlimited Processing at 0%. No Contracts. No Shut Downs. No Set-Up & Application Fees. FREE Gateway Set-Up – Secured Transactions.
Open a New Merchant Account Here Now – OPEN MERCHANT ACCOUNT. PAYMENTS – PERFECTED.